Civil aviation minister Jyotiradtiya Scindia has launched a first of its kind “Medicine from the Sky” project in Telangana. The project has aimed at transporting vaccines and other essential products to remote areas using drones. The Medicine from the Sky project will be taken up on a pilot basis in 16 green zones in Telangana and later scaled up on the national level based on data.
About the schemes:
- “This ‘Medicines from the Sky’ project will be taken up in 16 green zones.
- The data will be analysed for three months.
- Along with the health ministry, IT ministry, state government and the Centre will together analyse the data and make a model for the whole country.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Telangana Capital: Hyderabad;
- Telangana Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan;
- Telangana Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao.