The Mexican President, Andrés Manuel López Obrador has proposed that the top commission should include Pope Francis, the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, and Indian PM Narendra Modi. The aim of the commission would be to present a proposal to stop the wars around the world and reach an agreement to seek a truce for at least five years. The commission aims to stop wars across the world and reach an agreement to seek a truce for at least five years.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The Mexican President is planning to submit a written proposal to the UN to create the commission, made up of three world leaders, including PM Modi, to promote a world truce for a period of five years.
- The Mexican President has invited China, Russia, and the US to seek peace and to end warlike actions.
- As per the Obrador, the proposed truce will help in reaching an agreement in the case of Taiwan, Israel and Palestine.
- Mr Modi and other leaders of the Member States are expected to participate in the session when the global body will discuss the crises in Ukraine, Gaza Strip and the regional tension over Taiwan.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Mexico President: Andrés Manuel López Obrador;
- Mexico Capital: Mexico City;
- Mexico Currency: Mexican peso.