JALDOOT App Launched: In front of Union Minister Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti and MoS Panchayati Raj Kapil Moreshwar Patil, the JALDOOT App and JALDOOT App e-brochure was introduced by MoS for Rural Development and Steel Faggan Singh Kulaste. Panchayati Raj and the Ministry of Rural Development collaborated to develop the JALDOOT app. Gram Rojgar Sahyak will be able to use the app to measure the water level of the well twice a year, before and after the monsoon.
JALDOOT App Launched: Key Points
- Speaking to the crowd at the app launch event, Faggan Singh Kulaste urged the state governments, UTs, and gramme panchayats to use the newly released JALDOOT App to engage in systematic ground water level data collection and assimilation into a central digital database for analysis.
- The ground water level in several sections of the country has decreased despite efforts to promote watershed development, afforestation, waterbody development and maintenance, and measures like rainwater collecting.
- This JALDOOT App will make it easier to monitor water tables across the nation, and the information gathered can be used for the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA Plans and Gram Panchayat Development Plans.
Implementation of JALDOOT App:
- This JALDOOT App will be used all throughout the nation to record the water level of a village’s chosen one to three wells.
- The pre-monsoon water level in open wells will be manually measured from May 1 to May 31 and the post-monsoon level for the same well will be manually monitored from October 1 to October 31.
- On each occurrence of measurement, Jaldoots, or the officials tasked with measuring the water levels, should also upload the geo-tagged photos via the JALDOOT App.
- Both online and offline usage of this mobile application are supported. Therefore, even without internet access, water levels can be recorded.
- Recorded data is then stored on a mobile device, and when that device enters an area with connectivity, it is synchronised with a central server.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of State Panchayati Raj: Kapil Moreshwar Patil
- Minister of State for Rural Development and Steel: Faggan Singh Kulaste