The Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MoFPI) has approved Rs 162 crore under Operation Green scheme which has an outlay of Rs 500 crore to stabilize the supply of tomato, onion and potato (TOP) crops and to ensure their availability round the year without price volatility. The aim of the scheme is to enhance TOP Crops value chain & promote Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
Totally 5 projects have been sanctioned under OG scheme with a total cost of Rs 426(425.83) crore & the grant to be given is Rs 162(161.17) crore. The sanctioned 5 projects are:
- Food Processing Society( Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh)
- Nedspice Dehydration India (Bhavnagar, Gujarat)
- Hindustan Agro Co-op Ltd & Khemanand Dudh & Krishi Producer Company Ltd (Ahmednagar, Maharashtra)
- Banaskantha District Coop Milk Producers Union Ltd (Banaskantha, Gujarat)
The Sanctioned projects will benefit more than 50,000 farmers & create 10,000 jobs, the daily processing capacity of over 3.64 Lakh tonne & storage of over 90,000 will also be created.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries: Harsimrat Kaur Badal.