Chhattisgarh Chief Minister, Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the newly formed district Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki as the 29th district of the state. He also unveiled the map of the district on the occasion. The newly formed district Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki has been carved out of Rajnandgaon district and created as a new administrative unit.
The new district will be under the Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki Durg division. S Jayavardhan, a 2014 batch IAS officer, has been made the first collector, while Yeduvalli Akshay Kumar will be the first SP of the newly formed district.
- There are three tehsils in the newly formed district – Ambagarh Chowki, Mohala and Manpur and three development blocks and Janpad Panchayat – Ambagarh Chowki, Mohala and Manpur.
- The geographical area of the new district is 2 lakh 14 thousand 667 hectares. The total population here is 2 lakh 83 thousand 947, in which the total population of scheduled tribes is 1 lakh 79 thousand 662, which is 63.27 per cent of the total population of the district.
- The number of Revenue Inspector Circle in the district is 13, the total number of Patwari Halka is 89, the number of Gram Panchayat is 185. The total number of police stations in the district is 9, the Vidhan Sabha constituency is 2 and the total polling stations are 497. The total number of villages in the Naveen district is 499.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chhattisgarh Capital: Raipur;
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel;
- Chhattisgarh Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.