The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) has signed an MoU with Veddis Foundation to support the setting up of effective governance systems under the DAY-NRLM. The DAY-NRLM stands for Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission. The partnership with MoRD and Veddis Foundation for three years is non-financial in nature.
MoRD signs MoU with Veddis Foundation under DAY- NRLM- Key Points
- The MoU was signed between MoRD and the Gurugram-based Veddis Foundation.
- The MoU was signed by Joint Secretary Rural Livelihoods, Ms. Nita Kejrewal from MoRD, and Mr. Murugan Vasudevan, CEO, of Veddis Foundation.
- The meeting was chaired by Secretary, of Rural Development, Shri Nagendra Sinha.
- Joint Secretary Rural Livelihoods Ms. Nita Kejrewal said that working with various stakeholders with an aligned vision will help MoRD to improve.
- As per the MoU, Veddis Foundation will establish a PMU in the Rural Livelihood (RL) Divison of the Ministry of Rural Development for the next five years.
- Veddis Foundation has put in place PMUs in the State Rural Livelihoods Mission (SRLMs) of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Manipur.
- One of the initial focuses as part of the MoU is an annual report on the state of SRLMs in which various SRLMs are expected to be evaluated based on a ‘Governance Index’.