Mulayam Singh Yadav Passes Away: Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Samajwadi Party (SP) founder and former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, passed away on October 10 at a Gurugram private hospital. Mulayam Singh Yadav, 82, was receiving treatment for multiple medical conditions. The Samajwadi Party’s official Twitter account acknowledged the news of Mulayam Singh Yadav’s passing.
मेरे आदरणीय पिता जी और सबके नेता जी नहीं रहे – श्री अखिलेश यादव
— Samajwadi Party (@samajwadiparty) October 10, 2022
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Mulayam Singh Yadav passes Away:
- Akhilesh Yadav, who is currently in charge of the SP and was previously the chief minister of UP, is Yadav’s successor.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav is also referred to as “Netaji” by his supporters and fellow party members.
- The SP founder’s first wife, Malti Devi, passed away in 2003, leaving behind Akhilesh.
Mulayam Singh Yadav Health
- On August 22, the seasoned lawmaker was brought to Medanta Hospital.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav has been receiving life-saving medication recently because of his critically ill state.
- On October 2, after his condition worsened, he was placed on a ventilator and admitted to the hospital’s critical care unit (ICU).
- Mulayam Singh Yadav reportedly had significant lung and kidney problems, according to Medanta Hospital. He had breathing problems and underwent dialysis to treat his kidney issues.
- The Samajwadi Party (SP) founder has limited public appearances in recent years due to a variety of health issues he had been dealing with over the past three years.
Mulayam Singh Yadav Political Career
- In 1967, Mulayam Singh Yadav was elected to the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly for the first time. In 1989, Yadav won the first election for Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. In 1992, he established the Samajwadi Party.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav represented the Uttar Pradesh district of Mainpuri as a member of parliament.
- He had held the position three times, from 1989 to 1991, 1993 to 1995, and 2003 to 2007.
- From 1996 until 1998, he served as the Union’s Minister of Defense.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav had won seven elections to the Lok Sabha and 10 to the Uttar Pradesh (UP) legislative assembly.