National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Chairman Dr GR Chintala has launched “My Pad My Right programme”, in Leh. The programme launched by Nabard’s NabFoundation with machinery and materials of a cost of Seven and half Lakh rupees. Dr GR Chintala announced to sanction One more lakh to upgrade the machinery to make sanitary pads suitable to the demands of women of different age groups.
- This efforts are on for economic empowerment of rural women through menstrual hygiene.
- This will help women to participate in country’s economic development. Under this unique project, award winning sanitary pad making machines will be installed through the network of self help groups.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NABARD Formation: July 12, 1982;
- NABARD Headquarters: Mumbai;
- NABARD Chairman: Govinda Rajulu Chintala.