The Myanmar Navy has officially inducted the submarine INS Sindhuvir, which was handed over by the Indian Navy to the country in October 2020. This is the first submarine in the Myanmar Navy’s arsenal. The submarine has been refurbished for the Myanmar Navy by state-run defence shipbuilder, Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) in Visakhapatnam.
WARRIOR 4.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
About INS Sindhuvir:
- INS Sindhuvir was commissioned on 25th December 2020, which marked the 73rd anniversary of the Myanmar Navy.
- INS Sindhuvir has been renamed as UMS Minye Theinkhathu by the Myanmar Navy.
- This is the first submarine in the Myanmar Navy’s arsenal. It is a diesel-electric Kilo-class submarine, which was in operation in the Indian Navy since 1988.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- President of Myanmar: Win Myint.
- Myanmar Capital: Naypyitaw.
- Myanmar Currency: Kyat.