Union Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar has launched “AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR”. The scheme is a unique way to assist cooperatives to play an important role in the creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country.
About AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR”:
- AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme has been formulated by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- The NCDC would extend term loans to prospective cooperatives to the tune of 10 thousand crores in the coming years.
- NCDC’s scheme will be a step towards strengthening farmers welfare activities by the Central Government.
- NCDC’s Ayushman Sahakar scheme aims at bringing transformation in the health services primarily in the rural areas.
- The scheme also provides working capital and margin money to meet the operational requirements of the health facilities. It provides interest subvention of one per cent to women majority cooperatives.