Naresh Lalwani has taken over as the new General Manager of Central Railway. He is a senior officer of the Indian Railway Engineering Service of 1985 batch. Before taking over as General Manager, Central Railway, he was working as Senior Deputy General Manager and Chief Vigilance Officer of Western Railway. He succeeds Ashok Kumar Misra, General Manager Western Railway who was holding the additional charge of Central Railway as well.
Career of Naresh Lalwani
- Prior to taking over as General Manager, Central Railway, he was serving as Senior Deputy General Manager and Chief Vigilance Officer, Western Railway.
- Lalwani graduated from Shri Govindram Saxeria Institute of Technology and Science, Indore in 1985.
- He has vast experience of working in various important positions in Indian Railways.
- Starting his career from Lumding in Assam, he worked in the Northeast Frontier Railway for 10 years.
- Thereafter, he worked in various positions in the Ahmedabad and Mumbai divisions of Western Railway.
- He has also worked as a professor in Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering, Pune imparting knowledge to Railway officers.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Central Railway Founded: 5 November 1951, Mumbai;
- Central Railway Headquarters: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Mumbai.