A 13-year-old girl, Natasha Perianayagam won the title of “world’s brightest” student. Natasha Perianayagam, an Indian American, was named to the list compiled by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth in the United States.
Natasha has been listed on the “world’s brightest” list, previously she also took the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) test in 2021, when she was still in the 5th grade. The test is a worldwide operation, with over 1500 students participating in the project across 76 countries.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Natasha Perianayagam Scored Highest in “World’s Brightest” Students List – Key Points
- Natasha Perianayagam is a student at Florence M. Gaudineer Middle School in New Jersey, US.
- In 2021, Natasha’s results in the verbal and quantitative sections of the test came up to the 90th percentile of an advanced standard-level performance, which put her on the honors list.
- This year, Natasha was awarded for her exceptional performance in the SAT, ACT, School, and College Ability Test, or other similar tests, which were taken as part of the CTY Talent Search by the organization.
- According to the university, CTY used testing methods above grade level to pick out the advanced students in the crowd of 15,000 to prove their above-grade-level academic talent.
- Natasha was among the students who appeared for the CTY test across 76 countries in the 2021–22 Talent Search Year.
- While Natasha passed the CTY ceremony, less than 27 percent of the students who took the test could make it. The students received high or grand honors based on their test scores.