“Nari Shakti” (women power) will be driving the theme of this year’s Republic Day tableau of Navy. Not just the front of the tableau will feature a woman aircrew of a Dornier aircraft flying overhead, but Lt. Commander Disha Amrith has been tasked with commanding its parade contingent.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Amrith, a naval air operations officer, will be leading the contingent of 144 sailors and will be assisted by another woman officer, Sub Lt Valli Meena S, who is one of the three platoon commanders. Lt. Ashwani Singh and SLt. M Aditya are the two others, according to the Navy. Its world-renowned brass band of 80 musicians will be led by M Antony Raj, MCPO (Musician Second Class), while Lt. Cdr. Inderjeet Chauhan has been designated as overall Tableau Commander.
The Navy Tableau
- The theme of the naval tableau would be ‘Indian Navy — Combat Ready, Credible, Cohesive and Future Proof’.
- The Tableau is designed with an aim to showcase the multi-dimensional capabilities of the Indian Navy as well as highlight key indigenously designed and built platforms.
- The tableau would endeavour to highlight its sustained focus on ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiatives towards being a “future proof and maintaining combat readiness in service of the nation.”
- The forward part of the tableau will showcase a woman aircrew of Dornier aircraft (flying overhead), highlighting the all-women crew of a surveillance sortie undertaken last year.
- The main section of the tableau will illustrate the ‘Make in India’ initiatives of the Navy.
- A model of the new indigenous Nilgiri class ship with a Dhruv helicopter deploying marine commandos will take the centre-stage of the tableau.
- On the sides of the main section, cut out models of indigenous Kalvari Class submarines will be depicted.
- In the rear section of the tableau, three models of autonomous unmanned systems being developed indigenously under IDEX-Sprint Challenge will be displayed.
Important Takeaway For All Competitive Exam:
- Chief Of Naval Staff:- Admiral R. Hari Kumar