National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has organized a 3-day international conference on Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation (EMMDA) in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The conference was organized to have a concrete discussions and deliberations on the present status, future prospects as well as optimum use of Ensemble Prediction System (EPS). The Ensemble Prediction System has been developed by leading weather forecasting centres of the world to quantify the forecast uncertainty and to probabilistic forecasting of weather.
The conference will be held with the following major themes:
- Ensemble methods in Global Weather Prediction
- Ensemble methods in Data Assimilation
- Ensemble methods in Monthly and Seasonal Forecasting
- Convection Permitting Ensemble Prediction Systems
- Verification of Ensemble weather forecasts
- Applications of Ensemble weather forecasts