At the renowned Diamond League competition in Stockholm , Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won his first-ever medal after breaking his own national mark twice in a month.Chopra had a tremendous throw of 89.94 metres and placed second at the Stockholm Diamond League.
- Anderson Peters, the current world champion, won the competition with a best throw of 90.31 metres.
- Chopra beat his own national record of 89.30m, which he had established earlier this month at the Paavo Nurmi Games in Turku.
- Chopra’s greatest competition before the World Championships in Eugene, USA, next month is the prestigious one-day meet in the Swedish capital.
- Chopra is the first Indian to take home an Olympic gold medal in athletics.
About Diamond League Competition:
- The Diamond League is an annual collection of the top fourteen invitational athletics meetings for track and field competitions.
- The World Athletics (formerly known as the IAAF) one-day meeting contests place the series at the top of the standings.
- The first season began in 2010.