Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma announced that a multipurpose indoor stadium is currently under construction in Shillong, which is set to become the largest of its kind in the northeastern region. The Chief Minister also revealed that the stadium will offer state-of-the-art facilities for various disciplines, including basketball, squash, badminton, table tennis, volleyball, and many more.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Key Things To Know About indoor stadium in Shillong :
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma visited the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium at Polo ground in Shillong to inspect the ongoing renovation, upgradation and expansion of the facility.
- The renovated stadium will include a football ground with natural grass turf and a state-of-the-art facility for hosting track and field events.
- Sangma emphasized the high quality standards being maintained in the construction, ensuring that the stadium will be fit to host international sporting events.
- The renovated stadium is expected to have a seating capacity of almost 30,000 and is slated for completion by December 2022.
- Sangma expressed his optimism that the state-of-the-art facilities will offer an excellent opportunity for the youth of the state to excel in various sporting disciplines.
You may also read this: