10th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Commission conference: In New York, the 10th Trilateral Ministerial Commission conference of the India-Brazil-South Africa Dialogue Forum (IBSA) was conducted. Dr. S. Jaishankar, the minister of external affairs, presided over the meeting. Additionally present during the conference were Dr. Joe Phaahla, South Africa’s Minister of Health, and Carlos Alberto Franco França, Brazil’s Minister of Foreign Affairs. The Ministers went over every aspect of IBSA collaboration.
10th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Commission conference: Key Points
- They held conversations about topics of mutual interest, including as South-South cooperation, UNSC reform, the 2030 Agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals, climate change, terrorism prevention, and funding for developmental operations.
- Regional topics like the African Union, the Middle East peace process, and the situation in Ukraine were also discussed.
- The Ministers agreed that African nations should be represented on the UN Security Council permanently.
- Additionally, they supported Brazil’s and India’s campaigns for permanent seats on the Security Council.
- Alongside the G20 Summit in November of this year, India will host the 6th IBSA Summit.
10th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Commission conference: Participating Countries and their Reprsentatives
- India represented by Dr. S. Jaishankar, Minister of external affairs, Govt. of India
- Brazil represented by Carlos Alberto Franco França, Brazil’s Minister of Foreign Affairs
- South Africa represented by Dr. Joe Phaahla, South Africa’s Minister of Health