NITI Aayog has released a white paper titled ‘Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India’ on 14 December 2020. The ‘Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India’ is a continuation of the work on Health Systems Strengthening. The building blocks for this vision are an interdependent federated system of governance between the Centre and states.
About the “Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India”:
- The vision of this white paper is to make India’s public health surveillance system more responsive and predictive to enhance preparedness for action at all levels.
- The citizen-friendly public health surveillance system will ensure individual privacy and confidentiality, enabled with a client feedback mechanism.
- India aims to provide regional and global leadership in managing events that constitute a public health emergency of international concern.
- Public health surveillance (PHS) is an important function, requiring primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of care.
- The white paper lays out India’s vision of 2035 for public health surveillance through the integration of the three-tiered public health system into Ayushman Bharat.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant.
- Chairperson of NITI Aayog: PM Narendra Modi.