Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Education and Skill Development, launched the North East Research Conclave (NERC) 2022 at IIT Guwahati. In his remarks, Shri Pradhan stated that the conclave will enhance the ties between industry, academics, and policymakers, as well as re-energize the research, start-up, and entrepreneurial ecosystems in the resource-rich Northeastern Region states and the country.
- When discussing the importance of research, the Education Minister stated that the goal of research should be to find solutions to the country’s chronic problems and to urge everyone to join together, work together, and produce for the welfare of the most vulnerable. He stated that NERC 2022 will be a global benchmark for meeting India’s and the world’s research and development aspirations.
- Shri Pradhan urged students and young people to “travel on the road of obligations and responsibilities” in order to help the country reach new heights.
- Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, the Chief Minister of Assam, stated in his deliberation that Research and Development is critical for a fast-developing country like India.
- He went on to say that in a progressive society, research and development has always been seen as a key building component since it is so important in the process of innovation and growing our knowledge and understanding.
- Entrepreneurs and research institutions can display their innovations at the North-East Research Conclave.
- This is a fantastic effort for the North East since it puts policymakers, industry leaders, and researchers together on one platform. This huge event will have a significant impact on the region’s educational sector.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Education and Skill Development Minister: Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
- Chief Minister of Assam: Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Minister of State for Education: Shri Rajkumar Ranjan Singh