Novak Djokovic wins Astana Open: With a convincing straight-sets win over Stefanos Tsitsipas in the ATP final in Astana Open, Novak Djokovic won his 90th career championship and fourth in 2022. In 75 minutes, the 35-year-old Novak Djokovic prevailed 6-3, 6-4 to add this trophy to those he has already won this year in Israel, Rome, and Wimbledon. The fourth seed, Novak Djokovic won his ninth straight match, and as a consequence of the victory, he secured a place at the 2022 ATP Finals.
Novak Djokovic wins Astana Open: Key Points
- A week ago, the Serb Novak Djokovic triumphed in Tel Aviv, his first singles match since claiming his seventh Wimbledon victory and 21st Grand Slam championship in July.
- Due to his unwillingness to be immunised, Novak Djokovic was barred from the US Open and the whole North American hard court season.
- He later returned for Roger Federer’s farewell match in the Laver Cup team competition in London last month.
- It was the third seeded Stefanos Tsitsipass’ ninth loss in as many ATP Tour 500-level finals that he has participated in.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas had been vying for his tenth career victory.
Astana Open Final: Navak Djokovic Vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Novak Djokovic got things going quickly, winning the opening game in little over a minute at love.
- At 3-4 and serving, Stefanos Tsitsipas gave Djokovic his lone break point of the opening set.
- In the sixth game of the second set, a Stefanos Tsitsipas drop shot went into the net, giving Novak Djokovic another break.
- In their confrontations, Novak Djokovic held an 8-2 advantage over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and he has won the last seven games.