Why the Scheme is in News?
The Nyaya Vikas Portal provides stakeholders with convenient access to information regarding funding, documentation, project monitoring, and approval. It offers four efficient methods for logging into the portal, empowering users with seamless accessibility.
Nyaya Vikas is a program initiated by the Department of Justice in 1993-94, aiming to develop infrastructure facilities for districts and subordinate judiciary. The program involves providing central assistance to state governments and UT administrations for constructing court halls and residential units for judicial officers and judges in district and subordinate courts.
The scheme has been extended beyond March 31, 2021, with additional features such as lawyers’ halls, toilet complexes, and digital computer rooms to enhance convenience for lawyers and litigants, in addition to court halls and residential units.
About Nyaya Vikas Program
The funding sharing pattern for the scheme is 60:40 between the central government and state governments (excluding North Eastern and Himalayan States). For North Eastern and Himalayan States, the sharing pattern is 90:10, and for Union Territories, it is 100%. The Nyaya Vikas Portal has been developed to monitor the implementation of this scheme.
Nyaya Vikas Program: Aim and Objectives
- Since 1993-94, the Department of Justice has been carrying out the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for the Development of Infrastructure Facilities for Districts and Subordinate Judiciary.
- This scheme provides central assistance to the State Government/UT Administrations for the construction of court halls and residential units for Judicial Officers/Judges of District and Subordinate Courts.
- The scheme has been extended beyond March 31, 2021, and now includes additional features such as Lawyers Hall, Toilet complexes, and Digital computer rooms to facilitate lawyers and litigants, in addition to court halls and residential units.
- The funding distribution between the Center and State is 60:40 for States other than North Eastern and Himalayan States.
- For North Eastern and Himalayan States, the funding distribution is 90:10, and for Union Territories, it is 100%.
- This portal has been created to monitor the implementation of this Scheme.
Nyaya Vikas Program: Key Objectives
The Nyaya Vikas Program encompasses a range of objectives, all aimed at advancing social justice and inclusive development. Some of the key goals include:
- Poverty Alleviation: One of the primary objectives of the program is to alleviate poverty and reduce economic disparity. The initiative focuses on providing financial support, skill development, and employment opportunities to marginalized communities, empowering them to break the cycle of poverty.
- Education and Skill Development: Recognizing the transformative power of education, the program emphasizes access to quality education for all. It aims to enhance educational infrastructure, improve teaching standards, and promote skill development programs to equip individuals with the tools needed for a better future.
- Healthcare and Sanitation: Nyaya Vikas also places a strong emphasis on improving healthcare facilities and sanitation services in underserved areas. The program aims to strengthen healthcare infrastructure, increase access to medical facilities, and create awareness about hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Gender Equality: The program is committed to promoting gender equality and empowering women. It seeks to address issues such as gender-based violence, discrimination, and disparities in access to resources and opportunities. Special initiatives are designed to enhance women’s participation in the workforce and decision-making processes.
Nyaya Vikas Program: Strategies and Implementation
The Nyaya Vikas Program adopts a multi-faceted approach to achieve its objectives. Some of the strategies employed include:
- Targeted Welfare Schemes: The program identifies and implements welfare schemes specifically tailored to the needs of marginalized communities. These schemes aim to provide financial assistance, healthcare benefits, and skill development opportunities to the underprivileged.
- Capacity Building: The program focuses on capacity building by providing training and support to individuals and communities. This includes vocational training, entrepreneurship development, and workshops on financial literacy to enhance their employability and income-generating capabilities.
- Technology and Digital Connectivity: Leveraging the power of technology, the program seeks to bridge the digital divide and promote digital literacy among marginalized sections of society. Access to information and digital connectivity can enable individuals to explore new opportunities and connect with a wider network.
- Partnerships and Collaborations: The Nyaya Vikas Program recognizes the importance of collaborative efforts. It actively engages with non-governmental organizations, private sector entities, and civil society to leverage their expertise, resources, and networks in implementing various initiatives.
Nyaya Vikas Program: Potential Impact
The Nyaya Vikas Program has the potential to bring about a significant transformation in India’s societal fabric. By addressing poverty, education, healthcare, and gender disparities, it aims to create a more inclusive and equitable society. The program’s emphasis on skill development and entrepreneurship can lead to the creation of a skilled workforce, stimulating economic growth and reducing unemployment rates.
Moreover, by providing better access to education and healthcare, particularly in rural and remote areas, the program can empower individuals and communities to lead healthier and more prosperous lives. This, in turn, can contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive development trajectory for the nation as a whole.
Nyaya Vikas Program: Vision
The Nyaya Vikas Program represents a crucial milestone in India’s pursuit of social justice and inclusive development. By focusing on poverty alleviation, education, healthcare, and gender equality, the program seeks to uplift marginalized communities and bridge socio-economic gaps. As the program progresses, it will be vital to ensure effective implementation, regular monitoring, and continuous evaluation to maximize its impact. With sustained efforts and collaborative partnerships, the Nyaya Vikas Program has the potential to create a more equitable and prosperous India for all its citizens.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana: Revolutionizing Healthcare Access in India
- National Mission on Advanced and High-Impact Research (MAHIR)
- Bima Vahak Scheme: Ensuring Financial Security through Insurance
- Leadership Development Programme in Science & Technology: Nurturing Next Gen Scientific Leaders