Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik has launched the electricity consumer service portal ”Mo Bidyut” and a mobile app through video conference. The bilingual online electricity integrated consumer service portal www.mobidyut.com developed by the Energy Department and dedicated to the public under 5T (Teamwork, Transparency, Technology, Time leading to Transformation) initiative of the state government. Through this people will now be able to avail efficient, time-bound, and transparent online service delivery.
Features of “Mo Bidyut”:
- This portal will benefit around 89 lakh electricity consumers of the state.
- The Mo Bidyut supports the people to obtain new electricity connections, enables online
bill payment and the grievances related to electricity services can be addressed through
- Under Mo Bidyut, permanent connection up to 5 Kilo Watt (KW), single Phase for a domestic, general-purpose and specified public purpose like irrigation, pumping and agriculture will be provided 48 hours after the submission of application with payment.
- The electricity services provided by the Mo Bidyut will be governed and monitored under the “Mo Sarkar” (My Government).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik.
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
- Airports in Orissa: Biju Patnaik International Airport, Jharsuguda Airport, Rourkela Airport, Jeypore Airport and Savitri Jindal Airport.