Veteran Economist and bureaucrat N K (Nand Kishore) Singh has released his autobiography titled “Portraits of Power: Half a Century of Being at Ringside”. The book portrays the life of NK Singh who played an active role in the development of the Indian economy. He is currently serving as the Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission. The book is published by Rupa Publications India.
About Portraits of Power:
- The book portrays NK Singhs’s stents from 1964 when he joined the Indian Administrative Service(IAS), serving in higher positions of the Indian Government before entering politics as a member of Rajya Sabha. This book covers all the personal and national movements that happened in his life.
About NK Singh:
- He served in the Prime Minister’s Office(PMO), as the Secretary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee (1998 2001).
- He served in the Indian Embassy in Japan as Minister of Economic and Commercial
- He served in the Indian Embassy in Japan as Minister of Economic and Commercial from 1981 to 1985.
- He edited the book “The New Bihar” along with Nicholas Stern of London School of Economics.
NK Singh was honoured by Japan with its highest national decoration “The order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star” in 2016 and He was the only Indian in the list of the 2016 recipients.