Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated “Sujal”, ‘Drink from Tap Mission’ scheme, to provide round the clock supply of quality tap drinking water in all urban areas of the state.
About “Sujal” scheme:
- The state has set the target to provide piped water connections to all urban areas in the state by March 2022.
- Odisha government has set Rs 1300 crore for this scheme which will benefit over 15 lakh people in 15 towns in a phased manner.
- Once fully implemented, Odisha will become the first state in the country to provide quality drinking water, fit for direct consumption, in urban areas.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik.
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.