The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) granted Jeypore Airport the license to carry out commercial flight operations under the regional connectivity scheme. The Ministry of Civil Aviation has described it as a milestone. The airport is 33km northwest of Koraput town and 500km southwest of Bhubaneswar.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to DGCA Licence granted to Jeypore Airport
- The DGCA granted a license to Jeypore Airport to carry out commercial flight operations.
- The Jeypore Airport of Odisha gets a license to carry out scheduled air operations under the UDAN.
- The license authorizes the aerodrome to be used as a regular place of landing and departure.
- The license would be liable to suspension, modification, or withdrawal of the provisions of the aircraft act, and the aircraft rules were violated.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik praised the growth of airports in Odisha and said that it will fulfill people’s aspirations and give a boost to connectivity.