In the Finals of FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-Rourkela, FIH President Tayyab Ikram presented the FIH President’s Award to VK Pandian, Secretary to the Chief Minister of Odisha, for his commendable contribution to hockey. The FIH President highlighted the crucial role played by CM Naveen Patnaik along with VK Pandian in hosting a glorious Hockey World Cup.
Odisha’s VK Pandian honored with FIH President’s Award 2023- Key Points
- The FIH President’s Award recognizes individuals National Associations or other organizations for valuable services to hockey, whether direct or indirect or initiatives which have had a significant effect on hockey at the international level.
- The FIH President informed that they have witnessed a truly exceptional phase of Odisha. Not only the state-of-the-art facilities but also the passion showcased by the Odisha people for hockey as much for the Indian team as for the others has been an absolute delight to experience.
- VK Pandian informed that he is deeply honored and humbled to receive the FIH President’s Award. He considers himself as the representative of Team Odisha which put its heart and soul into making the World Cup a grand success.
- Hockey India President Dilip Tirkey praised the contribution of VK Pandian over the last two decades towards the field of sports, especially hockey.
- He noted that VK Pandian understands the requirements and always strives to provide the best facilities for the sportspersons. His role is most critical in translating into reality the vision of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to make Odisha a major sports destination.