The President of India Droupadi Murmu addressed the 31st Foundation Day of the National Commission for Women in Delhi on January 31st, 2023. The theme of the program was ‘Sashakt Nari Sashakt Bharat’ which aimed at acknowledging and celebrating the stories of women who have excelled and paved their journey to leave a mark.
Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani and MoS, WCD, Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai also graced the occasion.
President Droupadi Murmu addressed the 31st Foundation Day of NCW- Key Points
- The Commission is organized a two-day event to celebrate its 31st Foundation Day from 31st January 2023 to 1st February 2023.
- On the second day, a panel discussion was held with extraordinary women who have led the path of inspiration and empowerment for several others.
- The Commission aims to provide a platform with a diverse and varied exchange of dialogue focusing on gender equality in the decision-making and leadership roles of women belonging to different socio-economic backgrounds.
- NCW was founded in January 1992 as a statutory body under the National Commission for Women Act, of 1990.
- It was established to review the constitutional and legal safeguards for women, recommend remedial legislative measures, facilitate the redressal of grievances, and advise the government on policy matters affecting women.
About National Commission for Women
The National Commission for Women was formed to establish an equal and just livelihood for women by making legal and constitutional amendments for women in India. Violence against Women is a fundamental violation of human rights, across nations, societies, cultures, and classes and this commission was formed to stop this violation of this fundamental right.