Delhi Government has launched the ‘Operation SHIELD’ to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the national capital. The Operation SHIELD will be implemented in 21 containment zones as a necessary action to protect the people of Delhi from COVID-19.
About Operation SHIELD:
The Operation SHIELD has been launched by the Delhi Government in order to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the national capital. This will be implemented in 21 containment areas. In the Operation SHIELD:
- S stands for: Sealing of area
- H stands for: Home quarantine
- I stands for: Isolation of infected patients
- E stands for: Essential services ensured
- L stands for: Local sanitisation
- D stands for: Door to door survey
The Delhi government has made it mandatory for the people of Delhi to wear masks while stepping out of their houses.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal.
- Lieutenant Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.