Paytm partnered with Samsung stores across India to facilitate smart payments as well as its loan service Paytm Postpaid through the deployment of point-of-sale devices. The partnership will enable consumers purchasing Samsung devices like laptops, smartphones, television, smart watches etc, from any authorised store in the country to pay through Paytm payment instruments, including UPI, wallet, buy now pay later scheme, debit cards and credit cards.
About the Partnership:
- The partnership with Samsung stores will enable us to further extend the convenience of smart payments to a larger customer base.
- Paytm through its postpaid or buy-now-pay-later service will provide a credit limit of up to Rs 60,000 per month. It will also give customers an option to avail of personal loans of up to Rs 2 lakh through financial institution partners of Paytm, according to the company statement.
- Paytm claims to be the leader in offline payments, having deployed 4.1 million devices across the country as of July 2022.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- MD and CEO of Paytm: Vijay Shekhar Sharma;
- Paytm Founded: August 2010;
- Paytm Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.