PhonePe has announced the launch of a unique coronavirus hospitalisation insurance policy called “Corona Care.” It has partnered with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. PhonePe users can purchase their Coronavirus insurance policy under the “My Money” section on the PhonePe app. The entire policy purchase process takes less than 2 minutes and customers will be instantly issued their policy documents inside the PhonePe app.
Benefits of the Policy:
- The company said this coronavirus insurance policy is priced at Rs 156 with an insurance cover of Rs 50,000 for a person aged under 55 years and the cover is applicable at any hospital offering coronavirus treatment.
- It also covers 30 days of expenses related to pre-hospitalization costs and post-care medical treatment.
- Customers don’t need to undertake any medical tests before purchasing the Corona Care policy.
- They can purchase it instantly from the convenience of their homes considering the current lockdown observed in the country.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Phonepe founded: December 2015.
- CEO of Phonepe: Sameer Nigam.
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru, Karnataka.