Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Una, Himachal Pradesh. During the occasion, Himachal Pradesh Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav, and Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur were present. PM Modi also inaugurated the fourth Vande Bharat Express Train of India at the event.
Key Points related to the Inauguration of IIIT Una
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighted the need for skill and innovation institutions across the country.
- Himachal Pradesh has been valued less on its strength and more based on the number of its parliamentary seats, and long pending demands of educational institutions.
- The education-related initiative will immensely benefit the students of Himachal Pradesh.
- Students will get more relief from the permanent building of IIIT Una.
- Prime Minister has dedicated the building to further underline the changing work culture.
- He also emphasized the need of making skill and innovation our priority to hone the skills and potential of the youth.