On the occasion of Goa Liberation Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of several development projects worth over 650 crores rupees in Goa. He felicitated freedom fighters and veterans of ‘Operation Vijay’ at the function. He appreciated Chief Minister Pramod Sawant for keeping the pace of development up in the state.
Some of the major projects Modi will inaugurate are
- The re-development of Aguada Fort Jail Museum at a cost of over Rs 28 crore.
- A super specialty block at the Goa Medical College and Hospital, which has been constructed at a cost of over Rs 380 crores.
- The New South Goa District Hospital, built at a cost of around Rs 220 crore.
- The Aviation Skill Development Centre at the upcoming Mopa Airport, built at a cost of around Rs 8.5 crore.
- A gas-insulated substation at Davorlim-Navelim, Margao, was constructed at a cost of around Rs 16 crores.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Goa Capital: Panaji;
- Goa CM: Pramod Sawant;
- Goa Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai.