Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first Vande Bharat Express Train on the Mysuru-Chennai route at Krantiveera Sangolli Railway station in Bengaluru. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also flagged off the ‘Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan’ train which is operated by Karnataka’s Muzrai Department under the ‘Bharat Gaurav’ train policy of Railways.
- In the South, India’s 5th Vande Bharat Express Train is the first semi-high-speed train.
- The Vande Bharat Express Train is unique in terms of speed and other modern technological facilities, which will help reduce travel time giving a new experience to passengers.
- Vande Bharat Express Train is touted to be an advanced version of trains developed indigenously by the Indian Railways.
- PM Modi will also unveil the 108-feer bronze statue of the city’s founder Nadaprabhu Kempegowda called the ‘Statue of Prosperity’.
- He will also inaugurate the Terminal 2 of the International Airport on the outskirts of Bengaluru which is built for ₹5000 crores.