Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 event that aimed to showcase India’s rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse. The IEW is being held in Bengaluru from 6th to 8th February 2023. Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri, Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, and CM Basavaraj Bommai also felicitated the event.
PM Modi Inaugurated India Energy Week 2023 in Bengaluru- Key Points
- PM Modi launched E20 fuel — a blend of 20 percent ethanol with petrol and dedicated Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd’s helicopter factory in Tumakuru to the nation.
- E20 fuel will be launched at 84 retail outlets of Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) in 11 States and UTs of India.
- The government aims to achieve a complete 20 percent blending of ethanol by 2025. In this line, OMCs are setting up 2G-3G ethanol plants that will facilitate the progress.
- The Prime Minister also unveiled the twin-cooktop model of the solar cooking system which was developed by the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- To create mass awareness of clean fuels, PM Modi also flagged off Green Mobility Rally to be flagged off. The rally will witness the participation of vehicles running on green energy sources and will help create public awareness for green fuels.