TIME magazine has unveiled its annual list of ‘The 100 Most Influential People of 2021’. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla have been named among the world’s 100 most influential people of 2021 by TIME magazine. The list is divided into six categories – Icons, Pioneers, Titans, Artists, Leaders and Innovators.
A global list that includes:
- US President Joe Biden,
- US Vice President Kamala Harris,
- Chinese President Xi Jinping,
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex Prince Harry and Meghan,
- Former US President Donald Trump and
- Co-founder of the Taliban Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar.
The list also includes tennis player Naomi Osaka, Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny, music icon Britney Spears, executive director of the Asian Pacific Policy and Planning Council Manjusha P. Kulkarni, Apple CEO Tim Cook, actor Kate Winslet and the first African and first woman to lead the World Trade Organization Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.