Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to address the second edition of the Infinity Forum, a premier Financial Technology event scheduled for December 9, 2023. The event, hosted by the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) and GIFT City, is under the auspices of the Government of India. Building on the success of its inaugural edition in December 2021, the Infinity Forum 2.0 promises to be a global thought leadership platform focusing on financial services.
The Genesis of Infinity Forum
- The first edition of the Infinity Forum, organized in 2021, saw an overwhelming response with over 95,000 registrations from more than 80 countries.
- A key highlight of the event was the ‘FinTech Showcase,’ featuring over 100 virtual exhibitors alongside the main proceedings.
- The IFSCA conceived the forum as a space for exploring progressive ideas, addressing critical issues, and showcasing innovative technologies from around the world.
Event Details and Hybrid Format
- Anticipating the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2024, the second edition of the Infinity Forum is organized in a hybrid mode.
- The event will comprise an invite-only, in-person gathering at GIFT City and virtual participation open to attendees globally.
- This format aims to ensure inclusivity, allowing a diverse audience to engage with the discussions and insights presented.
- The event boasts a lineup of esteemed speakers from both the Union Government and the Government of Gujarat.
- Notable figures include Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, Union Minister Piyush Goyal, and Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.
- Additionally, key figures such as Ajay Seth, Secretary, DEA, Ministry of Finance; Hasmukh Adhia, Chairman, GIFT City Co. Ltd; K. V. Kamath, Chairman, NaBFID; and Uday Kotak, Founder and Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank, will address the participants.
- The central theme of the 2nd edition is ‘GIFT-IFSC: Nerve Centre for New Age Global Financial Services.’ This theme will be explored through three tracks, highlighting the pivotal role of the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) in shaping the future of global financial services.
- Infrastructure and Regulatory Ecosystem: Discussing the robust infrastructure and regulatory framework supporting GIFT-IFSC.
- Innovation and Technology: Exploring cutting-edge technologies and innovations driving the financial landscape.
- Global Collaboration: Emphasizing the importance of international partnerships and collaboration in the financial sector.
Investors Meet and Preceding Events
- The Infinity Forum 2.0 will be preceded by an “Investors Meet” on December 8, 2023, catering to FinTech entities authorized by IFSCA or recommended by affiliated institutions.
- This session will feature a pitching session for FinTech entities to showcase their products and solutions, along with one-on-one meetings between investors and selected FinTech entities.
- The Forum is expected to witness in-person participation by 300 CXOs, with strong online engagement from India and a global audience spanning over 20 countries, including the USA, the UK, Singapore, South Africa, UAE, Australia, and Germany.
- Notable participants include CXOs from large global organizations, Vice-Chancellors from foreign universities, and representatives from various foreign embassies.
Important Questions Related to Exams
Q. Which organizations are hosting the Infinity Forum?
Answer: The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) and GIFT City.
Q. What is the overarching theme of the 2nd edition of the Infinity Forum?
Answer: ‘GIFT-IFSC: Nerve Centre for New Age Global Financial Services.’
Q: What are the three tracks through which the forum will explore its central theme?
Answer: Infrastructure and Regulatory Ecosystem, Innovation and Technology, Global Collaboration.