In Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will officially open the pedestrian-only “Atal Bridge” over the Sabarmati River. PM Modi is at his home state for a two-day visit. Later, PM Modi made a spur-of-the-moment trip to the bridge. According to a press release, the Atal Bridge connects the upcoming arts and culture centre on the eastern end of the riverfront with the flower garden on the western end. Atal Bridge is nearly 300 metres long and 14 metres wide in the middle.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
PM Modi to inaugurate Atal Bridge: Key Points
- The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation developed the pedestrian overpass (Atal Bridge).
- According to a press release, the Atal Bridge is made to be approached from both the lower and higher riverfront walks or promenades.
- PM Modi will also lay the cornerstone for more construction projects and dedicate the 470-acre Smriti Van Memorial in Bhuj.
- PM Modi will speak at Khadi Utsav on the riverbank while in the state for two days until inauguration day of the Atal Bridge.
Atal Bridge: Named on Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation constructed the 300-meter Atal Bridge and gave it the former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s name.
- Atal Bridge will link the future arts and culture centre on the river’s eastern side with the event venue and floral park on its western bank.
- The Atal Bridge, praised for its appealing design, will link multi-level parking lots.