PM Modi to inaugurate Development Programs in Varanasi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will go to Varanasi to visit his Lok Sabha constituency on Thursday. There he will be inaugurating and laying foundation stones for various development initiatives with is worth over ₹18,00 crore. These initiatives will focus on improving infrastructure and making people’s life easier. The Prime minister will inaugurate the ‘Akshay Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchen’ at LT college in Varanasi. The college has the capacity of cooking mid-day meals for up to one lakh students. The inauguration of the ‘Akshay Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchen’ will take place at 2 PM. After this, at around 2.45 pm, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate ‘Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam’ in the International Cooperation and Convention Centre, on the implementation of the National Education Policy. Around 4 pm, the Prime Minister will inaugurate and lay foundation stones for multiple projects worth ₹18,00 crore at the Dr. Sampurnanad Sports stadium.
The statement issued by Prime Minister’s office said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has focused on the growth of infrastructure development in Varanasi for the last eight years. This has not only changed a particular issue but also changed the landscape of the city. The primary focus of every development plan has always been the development of people and making their life easier. Along with these programs, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also lay the foundation of Phase 1 of redevelopment works of the Sports Stadium at Sigra.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will facilitate the following events:
- Construction of a four-lane road over bridge on the Babatpur-Kapsethi-Bhadohi road
- Bridge on Varuna River on Central Jail Road
- Widening of Pindra-Kathiraon Road
- Widening of Phoolpur-Sindhaura link road
- Strengthening and construction of eight rural roads
- Construction of seven roads under the PMGSY
- Widening of Dharsauna-Sindhaura road
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also lay the foundation stone of projects worth more than rupees 1200 crores. The multiple Road infrastructure projects include:
- Six-lane widening of roads from Lahartara.
- BHU to Vijaya Cinema
- Four-lane widening of road from Pandeypur flyover to ring-road.
- Four-lane road from Kuchaheri to Sandaha.
- Widening and strengthening of Varanasi-Bhadohi rural roads
- Construction of five new roads
- Construction of four CC roads in Varanasi rural area
- Construction of road over a bridge near Babatpur railway station on Babatpur-Chaubeypur road.