Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a series of significant maritime projects, including the unveiling of a long-term vision document for the blue economy. These initiatives are aligned with the ‘Amrit Kaal Vision 2047’ for the Indian maritime blue economy.
Strategic Initiatives for Maritime Growth
- The vision document outlines strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing port facilities, promoting sustainable practices, and facilitating international collaboration.
Aligned with ‘Amrit Kaal Vision 2047’
- During the third edition of the Global Maritime India Summit, the Prime Minister inaugurated, dedicated to the nation, and laid the foundation stone of projects worth more than Rs 23,000 crore, aligned with the ‘Amrit Kaal Vision 2047’ for the Indian maritime blue economy.
Key Agenda of the Global Maritime India Summit
The summit will discuss and deliberate key issues of the maritime sector, including:
- Ports of the Future
- Coastal Shipping and Inland Water Transportation
- Shipbuilding, Repair, and Recycling
- Finance, Maritime Clusters, and Maritime Tourism
Foundation Stone Laid for Tuna-Tekra Deep-Draft Terminal
- The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the Tuna-Tekra all-weather deep-draft terminal, to be built at a cost of more than Rs 4,500 crore at Deendayal Port Authority in Gujarat.
Greenfield Terminal for International Trade Hub
- The greenfield terminal, developed through a public-private partnership (PPP) mode, is expected to emerge as an international trade hub.
- It will handle next-gen vessels exceeding 18,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) and serve as a gateway for Indian trade via the India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor (IMEEC).
300+ Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) for Partnerships
- The Prime Minister also dedicated more than 300 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) worth more than Rs 7.16 lakh crore for global and national partnerships in the maritime sector.
International Participation at the Summit
- The summit will see participation from ministers representing countries from Europe, Africa, South America, and Asia (including Central Asia, Middle East, and BIMSTEC region).
- Global CEOs, business leaders, investors, officials, and other stakeholders will attend the mega maritime event.