Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Azadi@75 – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape’ Conference-cum-Expo in Lucknow at the Indira Gandhi Pratishthan as a part of Azadi@75 celebrations. The theme of the three-day event is “New Urban India”. It will culminate on October 07, 2021. The Conference-cum-Expo is organised by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
The Conference-cum-Expo is a platform to showcase the prospective transformative urban missions and highlight the achievements and the flagship urban development missions undertaken in the past 7 years of the Modi government.
- PM virtually handed over keys of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) houses to 75,000 beneficiaries in 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh and interacted with beneficiaries of the scheme of Uttar Pradesh.
- PM inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 75 urban development projects of the state under Smart Cities Mission and AMRUT.
- He flagged off 75 buses under FAME-II for seven cities including Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur, Jhansi and Ghaziabad.
- PM announced the setting up of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chair in Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow.
- He attended the three exhibitions organised in the Conference-cum-Expo.