Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off two new Vande Bharat Trains from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. The new and upgraded version of Vande Bharat Express will connect Mumbai and Solapur and Mumbai and Sainagar Shirdi. Mumbai-Solapur train, the ninth Vande Bharat Train will connect the country’s commercial capital to the City of Textiles and Hutatmas in Maharashtra.
It will ensure faster connectivity to pilgrimage centers such as Siddheshwar in Solapur, Akkalkot, Tuljapur, Pandharpur near Solapur, and Alandi near Pune.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
PM Narendra Modi Flagged Off Two New Vande Bharat Trains from Mumbai – Key Points
- The existing superfast trains take almost 7 hours 55 minutes while Vande Bharat will compete for the same route journey in 6 hours 30 minutes.
- Pilgrimage centers, textile hubs, tourist sites, and the education hub of Pune will also be connected by it.
- The 10th Vande Bharat Train in India, the Mumbai-Sainagar Shirdi Vande Bharat Express will boost connectivity to important pilgrimage centers in Maharashtra’s Nashik, Trimbakeshwar, Sainagar Shirdi, and Shani Singapur.
- The Vande Bharat Train is an indigenously manufactured, Semi-High Speed and self-propelled train set.
- The train is equipped with state-of-the-art passenger amenities providing a much faster and more comfortable travel experience.
- According to the Indian Railways, Vande Bharat 2.0 is equipped with advanced and improved features enabling it to reach 0 to 100 mph in just 52 seconds, a further 129 seconds to reach 160 mph, and a maximum speed of up to 180 kilometers per hour.
- The improved Vande Bharat will weigh 392 tonnes as compared to the previous version which weighed 430 tonnes.
- It also comes with a Wi-Fi connection and on-demand facilities.
- Every coach has a 32-inch screen providing passengers with information and infotainment compared to the 24-inch screen in the previous System.
- The Vande Bharat Express 2.0 is also environmentally friendly as the ACs are 15 percent more energy efficient.