Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Aljamea-tus-Saifiyah, Arabic Academy of the Dawoodi Bohra Community in Mumbai. The Prime minister was accompanied by His Holiness Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, the 53rd al-Dai al-Mutlaq, head of the global Dawoodi Bohra community and Rector of Jamea, Eknath Sindhe, Chief Minister of Maharashtra and deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Prime Minister Modi Inaugurated Arabic Academy in Mumbai- Key Points
- Jamea is considered to be the principal educational institute of the Dawoodi Bohars and looks to impart religious as well as other branches of knowledge.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi noted that Dawoodi Bohra has ensured that they adapted to change and technology for development and progress.
- The University was a dream of many decades and it is a contribution to learning in Amrit Kaal as the government looks to have a medical college in each district and has achieved to have a university and two colleges opening every week in India.
- PM Modi also noted that it was important to have the pride place education system back in India, calling ancient India a place of learning with universities like Nalanda and Taxila.
- The PM called for a future based on ‘Vikas’ or development, and ‘Virasat’ or heritage and through modern infrastructure and social investment.
- The PM shared cordial relations with the Dawoodi Bohra community and spoke fondly of his association with the Spiritual leaders over the years and how the community has worked for the progress of India.
- A documentary showed his association with the community leaders and his attending the Ashura event in Indore as PM and his meeting with them as a chief minister.
Yuva Sangam Registration Portal Launched in New Delhi
Inauguration of National Convention on ‘Women as Foundation of Value-based Society’