Himachal Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu laid the foundation stone of ‘Himachal Niketan‘ which will provide accommodation facilities to the students and residents of Himachal Pradesh visiting New Delhi. ‘Himachal Niketan’, a five-story building will be constructed in Dwarka, Delhi for Rs 57.72 crore. There are two VIP rooms and 36 general rooms exclusively for the students with all facilities besides 40 other general suites.
Himachal Pradesh CM laid the Foundation of ‘Himachal Niketan’ in Delhi- Key Points
- In Himachal Niketan, there will be three dormitories for the staff. It will also have a facility to park around 53 vehicles and 87 two-wheelers in the basement.
- The Himachal Niketan will consist of 81 rooms in total.
- The Chief Minister informed that there would be an additional facility apart from the existing Himachal Bhawan and Himachal Sadan, offering accommodation facilities to the Himachalis, especially students coming for various competitive examinations held in New Delhi.
- Himachal Niketan would exclusively offer a comfortable stay to students and a favorable atmosphere for studies.
- The Himachal CM also informed that this would enable Himachal Niketan will be the third alternative to stay in the national capital.
- Every year, several people from Himachal visit other states of the country to spend their winter vacations. Himachal Niketan would be an additional option for their halt in New Delhi.
- The PWD has been directed to ensure quality construction and that the building would be completed by 2025, and the PWD Minister would also review the progress of construction at regular intervals so that timely construction could also be ensured.
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival begins in Mumbai After Break of Two Years
- Kerala to Setup Green Hydrogen Hubs Over Next 2 Years