The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival began on 4th February and will go on till 12th February 2023. The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is Asia’s biggest multicultural festival. The festival is happening after a break of two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Every year this festival is organized in January or February. The festival is usually held at the Kala Ghoda Art district which starts from the Regal Circle at the Southern end, stretches to the Mumbai University at the northern end, and further expands to the Oval Maidan in the west ends at the Lion Gate at the end.
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival begins in Mumbai After Break of Two Years- Key Points
- The chairperson of the festival, Brinda Miller informed us that this festival is for the people and by the people.
- The festival is for 9 days organized by the Kala Ghoda association of the Kala Ghoda area of South Bombay.
- The area is named Kala Ghoda due to the historical significance of the place.
- A statue of King Edward on the horseback was installed there initially during British times.
- The theme of this year’s Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is ‘Past Forward’.
- The audience can witness various art forms including installations, workshops, archaeology, cinema, theatre, and many more events.
- The multiple venues include Rampart Row, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sagrahalay, YB Chavan Centre, Cross Maidan, Cooperage Bandstand, National Gallery of Modern Art, Max Mueller Bhavan, Kitab Khana, IF.BE, Ministry of New, etc.
- The festival is known for its arts, performance, workshop, panel discussion, and food.