Union Minister of Ayush Sarbananda Sonowal and Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya jointly inaugurated the Integrative Medicine Centre at Safdarjung Hospital. Minister of State for Health, Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar, and Minister of State for Ayush, Dr. Munjapara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai, and Secretary Ayush, Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha were also present on the occasion.
At the inaugural event, Sarbananda Sonowal informed that under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, both the ministries of Ayush and Health and Family Welfare are committed to promoting the integrative approach.
Dept of Integrative Medicine Inaugurated at Safdarjung Hospital by Union Health Minister- Key Points
- All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi signed MoU with All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi which is also on the same lines as Safdarjung Hospital.
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya informed that the central government is working towards setting up a separate wing for integrative medicine.
- It is an approach that combines conventional medicine with traditional treatments, in all medical colleges and hospitals.
- The government has established 1,50,000 health and wellness centers across platforms that promote meditation, yoga, and all aspects and activities.
- Both ministries are working on having a separate department for integrative medicine in all AIIMS and have arrangements for research.