National Convention on ‘Women as Foundation of Value-based Society’
The National Convention on “Women as Foundation of Value-based Society” to be launched by President Droupadi Murmu on February 9th, 2023 at Gurugram’s Om Shanti Retreat Center. A nationwide awareness campaign called “Empowering the Family” will also be launched by her.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
National Convention on ‘Women as Foundation of Value-based Society’: Key Points
- Speaking at the event, the President emphasised the importance of the theme of the current National Convention, which is “Women as the Foundation of a Value-based Society.”
- The ideals and ethics of Indian society have been greatly influenced by women.
- She expressed pleasure over the Brahmakumaris organization’s efforts to resurrect Indian ideals by prioritising women.
- This is the greatest spiritual organisation led by women in the world today, and more than 46,000 of its sisters are preserving Indian culture and spirituality in about 140 different nations.
Indus Water Treaty: Why India wants to modify it after 62 years?
President Murmu on Women Empowerment
- Speaking on women’s empowerment, the President noted that whenever they had equal opportunity, women performed on par with men—and occasionally even better—in every sector.
- She mentioned how more women are participating in many areas.
- Many of them, nevertheless, fall short of the top spot. Over a particular threshold, women’s participation in middle level management in the private sector has been seen to decline.
- Family duties are the main cause of this. Typically, working women must handle both the responsibilities of home and work.
Reliance Jio and GSMA unveil Digital Skills Program in India
Challenges Faced by Women
The idea that women alone are responsible for raising children and running the home needs to be challenged. So that they can advance to the top positions in their careers without any obstacles, women should have more assistance from their families. According to her, only when women are empowered will families be empowered, and societies and countries as a whole will follow suit.
It’s important to dispel the myth that women are solely in charge of caring for children and managing the home. Women should receive more support from their families so they can climb to the highest ranks in their careers without any barriers. She contends that only when women are empowered can families, societies, and nations as a whole be empowered.
Also Read: Yuva Sangam Registration Portal Launched in New Delhi