During his visit to Varanasi, his Lok Sabha district, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is anticipated to launch development projects worth more than Rs. 1,774 crore. He has been to the city twice in the last four months. Nine topics designated for higher education in the National Education Policy 2020 will be the subject of panel discussions. Modi will also inaugurate the Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam, which is being organised by the Union Education Ministry at the international cooperation and convention centre Rudraksh. Modi last visited Varanasi in March for a roadshow in preparation for the upcoming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The acceptance of the Varanasi Declaration on Higher Education is the focal point of the three-day summit. More than 300 academic, administrative, and institutional officials from universities and other important national institutions across the nation are participating in the event as part of a capacity-building initiative.
- There will be panel discussions on the nine themes of multidisciplinary and holistic education, skill development and employability, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship, capacity building of teachers for quality education, quality, ranking, and accreditation, digital empowerment and online education, equitable and inclusive education, the Indian knowledge system, and internationalisation of higher education that have been identified for higher education under the National Education Policy 2020.
- Top academics and education experts from around the nation will meet for a three-day conference, according to University Grants Commission (UGC) chairperson M Jagadesh Kumar. At a news conference held at Banaras Hindu University, he stated, “The subjects to be discussed include making the Indian educational system more egalitarian and accessible to all, internationalisation of Indian education, and popularising and promoting old Indian knowledge” (BHU).
- Attendees will include Yogi Adityanath, the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Anandiben Patel, the union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan, and Dr. K. Kasturirangan, the chairman of the NEP drafting committee.
- A later exhibition on the different steps taken to implement NEP 2020, such as technical literature in regional languages, is anticipated.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath
- Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan
- Chairman of the NEP: Dr. K. Kasturirangan
- University Grants Commission (UGC) chairperson: M Jagadesh Kumar
Find More Summits and Conferences Here