Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched the PNB Pride-CRMD module tool, an android-based application for differently-abled employees to monitor and effectively follow up with the special mention account (SMA) borrowers. The Pride-CRMD module has built-in TalkBack software that allows the visually impaired to access the system freely and to interact with customers by tapping on their phones.
Significance of the app:
- Punjab National Bank emphasized the abilities of differently-abled staff members and the utilization of their skills in the conceptualization of PNB warriors and implementation of PNB Pride.
Aim of the app:
- The app aims to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities, it said, adding that the platform opens new vistas of opportunities for ‘PNB Warriors’ with visual or any other physical impairment, helping them to make a valuable and tangible contribution.
- This tool shall be compatible with iOS also very soon, it said. SMA accounts are stressed loans recognized early, enabling banks to initiate timely remedial actions, and preventing such borrowers from slipping to the non-performing assets (NPA).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Punjab National Bank Founded: 1894;
- Punjab National Bank Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Punjab National Bank MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao;
- Punjab National Bank Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon.