The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) has launched the Prajjwala Challenge. The Prajjwala Challenge has been launched to invite ideas, solutions, and actions that can transform rural development.
It will provide a platform where ideas are invited from individuals, social enterprises, start-ups, the private sector, civil society, community-based organizations, academic institutions, incubation centers, investors, etc having the potential to transform the rural economy.
Prajjwala Challenge Launched Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi- Key Points
- The Prajjwala Challenge was launched by the Secretary of, the Ministry of Rural Development, Shri Shailesh Kumar Singh in New Delhi.
- The mission aims to look forward to ideas and solutions around Innovation technology solutions, inclusive growth, value chain interventions, enhanced women entrepreneurship, and cost-effective solutions.
- Applications for the Prajjwala Challenge are open from 29th December 2022 to 31st January 2023.
- The ideas shortlisted will be acknowledged by the Mission and will be provided mentorship support from an expert panel and incubation support to scale up.
- The top 5 ideas will be rewarded with Rs 2 Lakh each.
- Prajjwala Challenge launch event was attended by Shri Charanjit Singh, Additional Secretary (RL), Senior Officers of the Ministry, Key State Mission Directors of State Rural Livelihoods Mission, Start-ups, incubators, and NGO representatives.
- The Prajjwala Challenge will also be shared in the Manthan portal by the office of the principal scientific Advisor and in the BIMTECH-Atal Innovation Mission Portal for reaching out to a larger number of applicants.
- DAY-NRLM is one of the flagship poverty alleviation programs of the Ministry of Rural Development, which aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms for the rural poor.
- It enables them to increase household income through sustainable livelihood enhancement and improved access to financial services.