Pramod Bhagat and Manisha Ramadass won gold medals in singles at the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships in Tokyo. The reigning Paralympic gold medallist Bhagat beat compatriot Nitesh Kumar 21-19, 21-19 in 53 minutes in an all-Indian SL3 final.
Pramod Bhagat-Manisha Ramadass won gold at BWF Para-Badminton Championships- Key Points
- This is Bhagat’s fourth World Championships gold in singles and sixth overall in the marquee event.
- Bhagat and Manoj Sarkar went down 21-14, 18-21, 13-21 to Indonesia’s Hikmat Ramdani-Ukun Rukaendi in the SL3-SL4 men’s doubles final.
- Manisha Ramadass beat Japan’s Mamiko Toyoda 21-15, 21-15 in half an hour in the SU5 final.
- Bhagat has won a total of six gold, two silver, and three bronze medals in singles and doubles in the six championships he has played.
- India ended its campaign with two gold, two silver, and 12 bronze medals.
- The pair of Bhagat and Manoj Sarkar had to be content with a silver medal in the men’s doubles SL3-SL4 event.